Flair 58 - The Gold Standard in Manual Espresso
Flair 58 New Features for 2023!
Enter the Flair 58 and 58x. A fully-manual, professional grade, lever espresso press. The Flair 58 is focused on maximizing the workflow and quality of at-home espresso extractions. Featuring Flair’s first industry standard 58mm portafilter, a more robust frame and T-grip lever for ease of extractions at higher pressures, customers can also choose between our electric version, which adds a preheat controller, or our 58x, which maintains Flair’s non-electric tradition.
Unlock the potential of your espresso.
The Flair 58. Your Questions Answered.
Flair 58 is a fully-manual, professional grade, lever espresso press that is focused on maximizing the workflow and the espresso from at-home extractions. The Flair 58 family features Flair’s first industry standard 58mm portafilter as well as a more robust frame and lever for ease of extractions at higher pressures.
The 58 also includes specific customer requested upgrades to the preheating and workflow process by providing our Preheat Temperature Controller (Flair 58x is preheat upgradable) and our new valve plunger, which includes a puck screen. Just set your brew head to one of three heat settings to ensure proper preheat and thermal control in every shot. Add your brew water without the need to remove the stem!
Both the Flair 58 and 58x come available in two variations that customers can choose between:
- The base model with our chamfered, low-flow 18 gram basket
- The additional basket model that includes an additional straight walled high-flow 18 gram basket
The low-flow 18 gram basket is perfect to any home brewer’s kit, and allows for a dose range between 16-22 grams.
This low-flow basket, when compared to the standard straight-walled basket of the Flair 58, allows for an easier dial-in process by allowing a grind that is coarser for proper extractions, thereby increasing the overall compatibility with a range of grinders. The straight-walled basket will require a grind that mimics a commercial machine.
In May of 2023, the Flair 58 family, including the Flair 58x, will feature key upgrades in both functionality and aesthetics.
- Detachable Preheat Cable – Flair 58x is Preheat Enabled – In 2023, all Flair 58s will feature a detachable preheat cable, meaning customers can brew using the preheat function, or unplug to take their Flair off grid. The Flair 58x, therefore, will now come to all customers as “Electric Enabled,” meaning all wiring for electric preheat will be present in the brew head they receive. To upgrade, they will simply need to purchase the Preheat Controller System Kit.
- Mirror Upgrade Enabled – All Flair 58s, in 2023, will feature a stainless steel disc that has been embedded into the post of the lever assembly. This disc allows any Flair 58 or 58x buyer to upgrade to the magnetic, articulating shot mirror and add it to their setup with ease. The mirror adheres with enough force to consistently stay in place, while also being easy to remove when packing up or traveling.
- Angled Elbow Connector – As part of the upgraded brew cylinder connector, Flair has added an angled attachment for the preheat controller, meaning that customers will more easily be able to route the wiring of their Flair 58 down the back post to maintain a high level of aesthetic beauty. In addition, the preheat system features new software that alerts when the connection to electrical has been severed.
- Enhanced Valve Plunger with Single Slot – All Flair 58s, in 2023, will come standard with an enhanced plunger with a single slot, as opposed to the dual slot version from previous models. The benefits of this iteration are improved valve function when filling the brew cylinder and a reduced potential for the stem to raise from the plunger when stem tabs fall into alignment with the smaller single slot.
As a fully capable espresso machine, the Flair 58 Family requires freshly roasted beans, a kettle that can boil water (temperature control is a great upgrade), and most importantly, a high-quality, espresso capable burr grinder. Flair recommends our Royal hand grinder, linked here > but there are many options on the market that will suit. For more information, please check this post, linked here >
In addition, home-brewers should consider using a dosing scale to weigh their beans to ensure consistency and to measure output. Flair’s own Brew Scale is a wonderful, and affordable option. Linked here >
- Flair 58 Base
- Flair 58 Lever Assembly with Shot Mirror Ready Post
- Flair 58 Brew Head with Valve Plunger and Detachable PCB (No PCB on 58x)
- Puck Screen
- Flair 58 Pressure Gauge with Stainless Steel Stem
- 58 mm Portafilter and 16-22 gram basket (additional high-flow basket available)
- Detachable Preheat Controller (PCB Controller, Power Supply Box, Wall Outlet) – Upgrade only on 58x
- 58 mm Tamper
- Flair 58 Drip Tray
- Flair 58 Quick Start Guide
The Flair 58 is Flair’s highest level espresso machine. Anyone can learn to brew with the Flair 58, but the process does take some effort, additional equipment, and a small learning curve. Brewing with a Flair is more like cooking a meal for yourself, as opposed to getting takeout or using the microwave. But, if you’re looking for café-quality espresso at home, that you handcraft yourself, the Flair 58 will serve you for a lifetime.
- If you’re looking for the most convenient option, please check out Flair NEO Flex >
- Weight – 12 lbs (5.44kg)
- Assembled Dimensions – 13.5″ L x 7.5″ W x 11″ H (34.3cm x 19.05cm x 27.94cm)
- Dose – 16-20 grams (expandable with different baskets)
- Input Water Capacity – 90ml
- Yield – Up to 55ml
- Warranty – Backed by a 5 year limited warranty
Manual Espresso at Home
Pricing for the Flair 58 will start at $580, while the non-electric Flair 58x will start at $485. All models will include everything needed to extract the best in espresso, right from your home.
Order now for immediate shipping. Our fulfillment team is ready for your orders, but please allow 2 business days for us to pick and pack orders.