Flair NEO Flex - Affordable, Simple Home Espresso
Simple, Affordable Espresso
Brew Two Ways
Meet the NEO Flex. A simple and affordable way to enter the world of brewing espresso at home. Two different portafilters allow you to choose between convenience and control. But no matter which you choose, you’ll enjoy delicious espresso.
The Flair NEO Flex. Your Questions Answered.
The NEO Flex is the perfect combination of affordability and capability, a true home espresso maker for everyone and anyone. The NEO Flex is an all manual lever espresso maker . The frame is constructed of polycarbonate, meaning the frame is durable and lightweight, and it comes with two different portafilters, the Flow-Control and Bottomless 2-in-1, to ensure each home barista can brew exactly how they want.
- Flow-Control Portafilter – Perfect for espresso beginners, the Flow-Control Portafilter features a restricted exit port, meaning the portafilter does the work of building the appropriate pressure needed for an espresso extraction. No dial-in required – just simple espresso brewing.
- Bottomless 2-in-1 Portafilter – Perfect for when espresso brewers are ready to further control their extraction. This portafilter requires a high-quality, espresso capable burr grinder, but means that home baristas can control the variables of each shot, and ensure their espresso is to their exacting standards.
Also included is a dosing cup, funnel and preheat cap. The NEO Flex is not compatible with the pressure gauge kit.
The NEO Flex was designed to be the simplest way to brew café-quality espresso at home. As such, home baristas using the NEO Flex need no real specialized equipment, like is necessary on other Flair models.
To effectively brew with the NEO Flex, everyone will need:
- Access to a kettle to boil water with – a temperature controlled kettle will give more precision, but is not necessary
- Access to freshly roasted coffee beans – pre-ground coffee will not produce the best results
- Any coffee burr grinder – bladed grinders also will not produce good results – but high end burr grinders aren’t necessary for NEO Flex brewing with the Flow-Control portafilter and any will do!
- NOTE: When using the Bottomless 2-in-1 portafilter, a higher quality, espresso capable burr grinder is needed.
- Post & Lever
- Standard Brew Head with Flow-Control and Bottomless 2-in-1 Portafilter
- Preheat Cap
- Dosing Cup
- Brewing Guide
The NEO Flex is perfect for anyone looking to start brewing espresso at home, in a way that’s simple to learn and affordable. More specifically the NEO Flex is perfect for aspiring home baristas that are looking to buy their first espresso machine. The NEO Flex provides unparalleled simplicity in brewing, and allows for each user to fully understand the process. In addition, because the NEO Flex comes with the Bottomless 2-in-1 portafilter, there’s significant room to grow, and continue to learn. Others that might enjoy the NEO Flex are those looking for a convenient method to brew café-quality espresso at home. The Flex is the most affordable way of brewing real espresso, and the simplicity means the workflow is simple and satisfying.
So, if you’ve been espresso curious for a while, and are ready to start brewing espresso at home for lattes and cappuccinos, the NEO Flex is a great place to start.
- Weight – 4.51 lbs (3.18kg)
- Assembled Dimensions – 11.5″ L x 7.5″ W x 10.5″ H (29.2cm x 19.05cm x 26.67cm)
- Dose – 12-18 grams
- Input Water Capacity – 60ml
- Yield – Up to 45ml
- Warranty – Backed by a 1 year limited warranty
TWO WAYS TO BREW ESPRESSO
The NEO Flex comes standard with two different portafilters, giving home baristas the option of convenience or control. Hence the name “Flex!”
When starting out, or when looking for convenience, pick the Flow-Control portafilter (the red one) and brew with ease, using any grinder and no complicated dial-in process.
When you’re ready to stretch your espresso wings, pick the Bottomless 2-in-1 Portafilter (the black one) and dial-in your espresso to your taste standards. A high-quality, espresso capable burr grinder is required with the BPF, but you get espresso exactly your way.
EASILY BREW DOUBLE SHOTS
With the Standard Brew Head, NEO Flex users will brew with up to 18 grams dose, and a yield, or the amount of espresso in your cup, of 45ml. This ratio of 2:1 means you can easily brew a double shot of espresso with your NEO Flex, perfect for sipping straight or using as a base for your milk-based drinks.
LEAVE THE MOKA POT BEHIND
The NEO Flex features a lightweight polycarbonate frame that allows for anywhere espresso. And this lever action espresso maker brews real café-quality espresso. So now you can have the real deal, right in your home.
Similar in process to brewing with a Moka Pot, the NEO Flex requires hot water, freshly ground coffee and a tiny bit of patience that’s well worth it. But, unlike a Moka Pot, the NEO Flex is capable of brewing real espresso. So upgrade today.
MAKE LATTES AT HOME
Looking for at-home lattes and cappuccinos? The NEO Flex does a perfect job of creating the base beverage, espresso, that all these delicious drinks need. Brew with the Flex, then heat or froth your milk however you want and enjoy.